Dawson Road Maintenance is looking for a Commercial Transport Mechanic to join our team in Fort St. John, BC, reporting to the Superintendent of Mechanical. This position maintains, rebuilds, overhauls, reconditions, and does the diagnostic troubleshooting of motorized all commercial vehicles.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Prioritizes safety in all aspects of the job
- Strives to exceed industry standards by continuously offering first-class customer service
- Successfully determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts
- Maintains current and accurate vehicle records by documenting all services and repairs
- Ensures equipment is available for use by completing preventive maintenance
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brakes, steering, and hydraulics
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives and confirming repair completion before releasing the vehicle
- Complies with federal and provincial vehicle requirements by inspecting vehicle’s to CVSE compliance
WHAT YOU BRING
- Apprentices are encouraged to apply
- Valid Class 3 or 5 License with air endorsement
- MVI knowledge is an asset
- General knowledge of all makes
- First aid experience is an asset
- Self-motivated, mature, and able to work unassisted
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding, and we need people like you to join us on our journey to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted