IRL International Truck Centres is looking for a permanent, full-time Commercial Vehicle Technician, reporting to the Manager of Service. This position maintains, rebuilds, overhauls, reconditions, and does diagnostic troubleshooting of motorized commercial trucks, buses, and road transport equipment. This position works closely with the Parts Department and Service Advisors. Your base location will be Penticton, BC and may require some travel throughout our great province.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Prioritizes safety in all aspects of the job
- Strives to exceed industry standards by continuously offering first-class customer service
- Successfully determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts
- Maintains current and accurate vehicle records by documenting all services and repairs
- Ensures equipment is available for use by completing preventive maintenance
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brakes, steering, and hydraulics
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives and confirming repair completion before releasing unit to the customer
- Complies with federal and provincial vehicle requirements by inspecting vehicle’s to CVSE compliance
WHAT YOU BRING
- One to three (1-3) years of experience in Commercial Transport or heavy-duty International truck products
- Strong electrical diagnostic skills
- Class 1 or 3 driver’s license is an asset
- Air brake experience is an asset
- First aid experience is an asset
- Strong self-motivational skills
- Goal oriented and a team player
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted