The Dawson Group is looking for a full-time Controller of Capital Assets, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). This role is responsible for managing the Dawson Group’s capital assets and identifying, developing and implementing systems and processes to facilitate asset tracking, maintenance requirements and equipment utilization for all companies within the Dawson Group. The Controller, Capital Assets plays a key role within the Dawson Groups strategic team through providing sound business analytics supporting all aspects of equipment purchasing/selling/leasing/insurance in the most economic, and efficient way possible. Your base location will be Kamloops, BC and may include some travel throughout our great province.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Work collaboratively with the operations teams to develop business cases for capital acquisitions, capital dispositions and lease buy-out strategies to meet the operational needs of the organization
- Help to Identify and evaluate the appropriate asset management system for the organization
- Assess and coordinate all equipment fleet insurance needs including appropriate allocation of costs
- Prepare and present the annual equipment budget to the leadership team
- Assess options, recommend and administer lease renewals/buyouts
- Development of enhanced asset reporting to meet business user needs
- Proactively identify business process improvement opportunities
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in finance with focus on accounting
- CPA Designation
- Five to seven (5-7) years of related experience
- Education focused on strategic planning/thinking
- Strong analytical skill set and business acumen
- Thorough understanding of systems, implementations, maintenance and management thereof
- Sound knowledge of the various types of different financing opportunities available
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Ability to think innovatively and clearly share new ideas
- Sound understanding of PST and GST legislation
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding, and we need people like you to join us on our journey to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted