Dawson Civil is looking for a permanent, full-time Estimator, reporting to the Manager of Civil. To be considered for this role, you should have effective inter-personal skills, a collaborative attitude and extensive knowledge of a variety of estimating methods and techniques. If you are looking to join a growing organization to build your career with, apply today. Your base location will be Kamloops, B.C.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Prepare a comprehensive project cost estimate including; labour, equipment, materials, safety, subcontractors, overhead, taxes, insurance, and mark-up.
- Review drawings and understand the contract documents of each tender.
- Visit the jobsite to gather information on access, topography, drainage, power supply, material sources, haul times, existing conditions or services, water source and other specifics as required.
- Perform accurate quantity takeoffs and estimate the cost of materials, labour, equipment, and subcontractor’s work, ascertaining that all areas have been accounted for prior to submitting tenders.
- Analyze quotes made by subcontractors for completeness, competitive pricing, ability to perform, and scheduling restraints.
- Assess equipment needs, operations sequence, crew size, and site constraints.
- Manage the cost, negotiation and settlement of change orders and mitigate potential claims during construction in conjunction with the lead Project Manager.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Engineering Degree or Civil Engineering Technical diploma; or
- An equivalent combination of education, technical training and/or related industry experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in the construction industry;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in cost estimating
- Proven ability in using estimating software, preferably HCSS
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted