Dawson Construction is looking for a permanent, full-time Heavy Duty Mechanic, reporting to the Superintendent of Equipment and Maintenance. This position requires a skilled and experienced technician; one who is safety-conscious, production oriented, and self-motivated to perform diagnostic and repair work on a variety of trucks and equipment. Your base location will be Kamloops, BC and may require some travel throughout our great province.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Safely perform accurate and complete vehicle inspections, diagnostics, and repairs
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Prioritize a safe working environment.
- Liaise with management to ensure a smooth flow of communication during repairs or maintenance work
- Always strive to exceed industry standard by providing quality workmanship
- Perform daily bay inspections to ensure shop neatness/cleanliness, and safety
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum three-five (3-5) years’ experience in the designated field
- Heavy Duty or Commercial Transport Certification
- Post-secondary in a related field preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and related industry experience
- Minimum Class 5 Driver’s license
- First Aid training is an asset
- Fabrication and wiring skills are an asset
- Air brake knowledge is an asset
- Ability to work effectively with computerized systems and in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, ability to listen carefully, plan, organize, and follow-up on daily tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals
Looking to be part of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted