Dawson Road Maintenance is look for a permanent Journeyman Mechanic to join our team in 100 Mile House, BC or Lillooet, BC, reporting to the Shop Foreman. This position will start off with 35 hours/week and will become a full time permanent with benefits when a position becomes available. This position requires a skilled and experienced technician; one who is safety-conscious, production oriented, and self-motivated to perform diagnostic and repair work on a variety of trucks and equipment.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Prioritizes safety in all aspects of the job
- Strives to exceed industry standards by continuously offering first-class customer service
- Successfully determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts
- Maintains current and accurate vehicle records by documenting all services and repairs
- Ensures equipment is available for use by completing preventive maintenance
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brakes, steering, and hydraulics
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives and confirming repair completion before releasing the vehicle
- Complies with federal and provincial vehicle requirements by inspecting vehicle’s to CVSE compliance
WHAT YOU BRING
- Journeyman Certificate in Heavy Duty or Commercial Transport Mechanics
- Experience and / or certification in Automotive Mechanics would be an asset
- B.C Driver’s License, minimum Class 5. Class 3 with Air is an asset
- Preferably Grade 12 education; and up-to-date technical knowledge acquired through trade-related courses since achieving TQ certification
- CVIP Inspection license is preferred, or willingness to acquire
- Knowledge and experience in Preventative Maintenance Programs
- Good knowledge of trade-related worksite safety
- Proven recent work experience, preferably in the Road & Bridge Maintenance Industry, involving gravel trucks, plow trucks, winter maintenance attachments, loaders, graders
- Knowledge of International and Cat equipment preferred
- Physically fit and capable of performing job requirements
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding, and we need people like you to join us on our journey to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted