Dawson Road Maintenance is looking for a temporary Machine Operator, reporting to the Road Foreman. This position requires an experienced operator to meet company production objectives and work within specified tolerances. Your base location will be Tatla Lake, B.C. These positions will include some travel throughout our great province.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Must Prioritize safety of self and others in all aspects of the job
- Ability to efficiently operate heavy equipment
- Operate heavy equipment on public roadways in a safe and appropriate manner
- Follow direction of the Foreman with regards to daily production schedule and activities
- Follow all safety policies and procedures
- Maintains a daily activity of work in progress and status of completion
- Maintain proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment
- Complete all work reports and maintenance logs
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum three (3) years of equipment operator experience
- Minimum two (2) years of road maintenance and/or construction experience
- Valid Class 1 or 3 Drivers license is required
- Two (2) years commercial driving experience is an asset
- Experience in snow removal is considered an asset
- Knowledge of road construction materials, road construction processes and industry requirements
- Heavy Equipment Operating Certificate an asset
Looking to be part of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted