Dawson Civil is looking for a self-reliant and quick acting individual to join our team as a Quality Control Inspector. Reporting to the Manager of Quality, the Quality Control Inspector will directly examine the product to ensure that quality standards and procedures are met and aligned with legislation and customer specifications. The ideal candidate will effectively work with customers, both internal and external, to provide a valued service as an industry expert in quality services. This position is based in Kamloops, BC, and will require out of town travel.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Daily preparation and analysis of aggregates and asphalt samples
- Evaluating and compiling asphalt and density test results
- Generating daily reports of test results to designated management or supervisor
- Maintain a clean and a professional working environment
- Willingness to grow and advance within the organization
WHAT YOU BRING
- Engineering technologist designation or similar related education
- Minimum two years experience in a quality control related field
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to work in a team environment as well individually
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Class 5 driver’s license with clean driving abstract
Looking to be part of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted