We are looking for a self-starter and quick learner to join our Dawson Civil team as a Quality Control Technician. Reporting to the Manager of Quality, the technician will directly examine the product to ensure that quality standards and procedures are met and aligned with legislation and customer specifications. The ideal candidate will effectively work with customers, both internal and external, to provide a valued service as an industry expert in quality services. This position is based in Kamloops, B.C. and will require out of town travel.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Daily sampling of aggregates and asphalt
- Performing gradation analysis
- Moisture content determination
- Asphalt testing
- Compiling test results
- Daily reports of test results to designated management or supervisor
- Maintain clean and a professional working environment
WHAT YOU BRING
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong Math Skills
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Able to Work in a Team Environment
- Knowledge of Excel and Word
- Class 5 Driver’s License
Looking to be part of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and help us achieve our vision of safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted