The Dawson Group is looking for a Permanent, Full-time Senior Accountant, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. The seasonality of the business will require you to understand the cycles and plan accordingly. This role will be responsible for performing full cycle accounting and month-end tasks for the construction entities within the Dawson Group; including preparation of required accounting entries, financial statements, cash flow forecasts and variance analysis. Your base location will be Kamloops, BC and will include some travel time throughout our great province.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Ability to efficiently perform full cycle accounting and month-end tasks for the construction entities within the Dawson Group
- Assist in the yearly budget process for the Dawson Group of companies
- Prepare and update rolling monthly cash flow analysis
- Continuously monitor budget to actual for variances, identifying trends and recommending actions
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks while working to tight deadlines
- Work effectively with construction operations in developing efficient processes and procedures for timely capture of data and information
- Prepare monthly inventory reconciliation
- Process, prepare allocations and bill inter-company transactions and reconciliations
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor of Business Degree or Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting
- Four to five (4-5) years of accounting experience
- CPA preferred; candidates in the final stages of their CPA may be considered
- Exceptional Excel Skills including pivot tables and formulas
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Industry experience in construction/manufacturing would be an asset
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding, and we need people like you to join us on our journey to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted