Dawson Road Maintenance is looking for a permanent, full-time Superintendent of Roads, reporting to the Manager of Operations. As the Superintendent, you will supervise the activities of maintenance crews, sub-contractors and hired equipment. Your base location will be Stewart, BC and will include some travel throughout our great province.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Identify work, prioritization, and planning to ensure efficient and effective services
- Conduct highway patrols and inspections in accordance with work procedures
- Perform quality control inspections of identified routine work and approve qualified work
- Assign work to road crews and Junior Road Foremen to achieve quality work accomplished in a safe, productive, and environmentally responsible manner
- Assist the Operations Manager and Quality Manager with all issues relating to the delivery of quality services
- Work closely with the Safety Manager to ensure all workspaces and personal operate in accordance with policy and legislative requirements
- Control and monitor operations to ensure they meet the requirements of the environmental responsibility
- Control and monitor the use and inventory levels of salt, sand, and liquid anti-icing chemicals to ensure the availability at all times
- Control and monitor work assignments within budget parameters
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in management level roles required
- Minimum five (5) years of knowledge and experience in the road maintenance industry required
- Valid Class 3 Driver’s License with an Air Brake Endorsement required
- Valid Class 1 Driver’s License preferred
- Must maintain driver’s abstract with less than 10 demerit points
- Capability to operate equipment subject to qualifications
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Ability to complete shift work as required
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and help us achieve our vision of safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted