Dawson Civil is looking for a full-time, seasonal, Surveyor, reporting to the Chief Surveyor. The Surveyor is responsible for performing field surveys, interpreting plans and creating/managing survey files. Your base location will be Chase, BC.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Must prioritize safety of self and others in all aspects of the job
- Perform field surveys, including construction staking, topographic, design, volumetric and control surveys
- Accurately record measurements and other data, prepare field notes, perform quality control for survey work
- Interpreting plans and performing calculations
- Creating and managing survey files
- Verify existing and set new survey control as required
- Research land records, survey records and land titles
WHAT YOU BRING
- Surveying experience preferably in the construction industry; and
- Experience with GPS equipment is considered an asset
- Knowledge of all other general surveying techniques and equipment (laser, level, etc.)
- Ability to interpret and use information from maps, graphic drawings and measurements taken in the field
- A valid driver’s license
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Safety focused
Looking to be part of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and help us achieve our vision of safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted