Dawson Road Maintenance is looking for a temporary, full-time Traffic Controller/Flagger during the summer months and as needed in the winter, reporting to the Road Foreman. Traffic Controllers are needed to ensure safe conditions for themselves and others working on or near roads. This role is responsible for planning and preparing their worksite, coordinating and controlling traffic and operating radios to ensure everyone is operating safely. Your base location will be Smithers, BC and will include 30% travel time throughout our great province.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Prioritize safety of self and others in all aspects of the job
- Stop, slow, and safely direct traffic through work or construction sites
- Protect workers in the construction zone by regulating traffic flow
- Give traffic control directions and signals clearly and precisely so that motorists understand their meaning
- Keep the flow of traffic moving with as few delays as possible
WHAT YOU BRING
- BCCSA Traffic Control Ticket
- Experience in the field is an asset
- Ability to work shift work
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
Looking to be part of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding, and we need people like you to join us on our journey to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted