Dawson Road Maintenance is looking for a temporary, full-time Bridge Worker, reporting to the Bridge Foreman. In this role, you will be required to assist with a variety of tasks to ensure all bridges are safe for the public. Your base location will be 100 Mile House, B.C. and will require some travel throughout our great province.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Must prioritize safety of self and others in all aspects of the job
- Installation, repair and maintenance of wooden, steel, and concrete structures, deck resurfacing, operating road, and bridge maintenance equipment
- Assist in conducting detailed bridge inspections
- Utilize analytical and critical thinking/problem solving skills to identify problems/issues and generate solutions by making sound decisions using standard procedures
- Work effectively in a team and independently
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bridge work experience is preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of road maintenance and/or construction experience
- Valid Class 1 or 3 Drivers license is an asset
- Valid Certificate of Qualification in the trade of Piledriver and Bridgeman issued by the Province of BC Ministry of Labour is an asset
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted