Dawson Construction is looking for a temporary, full-time Class 1 Driver, reporting to the Civil and/or Paving Supervisor. This role will assist the paving crew by driving truck equipped with bottom discharge trailer to transport and dump loose materials such as sand, gravel, crushed rock, milled asphalt, broken concrete, grubbing and clearing, or bituminous paving materials or earth. Your base location will be Kamloops, B.C. and will require some travel throughout our great province.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Prioritize safety of self and others in all aspects of the job
- Must be able to operate dump truck including loading and unloading materials and equipment safely as well as ensuring it is secured properly
- Ability to work extended hours, irregular days with irregular breaks
- The driver will be responsible for keeping equipment and work areas clean
- Hauling Non-Merch Wood and Aggregates on the Transmountain Expansion Project
- Accurately complete daily pre and post trip inspections of vehicle as well as a detailed logbook to NSC and company standards
- Complete driving assignments in a timely and safe manner
- Perform required preventative maintenance
WHAT YOU BRING
- Experience in road construction involving asphalt, aggregate and equipment hauling is an asset
- Must carry a valid Class 1 driver’s license
- A clean driver’s abstract (within the last 30 days)
- Experience with dump truck and pup, quads, tri-drive and belly dump configurations
- A safety conscious, professional work ethic
- All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug and alcohol test
Looking to be part of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted