Dawson Group is looking for a permanent, full-time Communications Specialist, reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer. The Communications Specialist is a key position for the internal and external communication for the organization. The successful candidate should be self-motivated, innovative, and successfully drive clear, strategic messaging to both internal and external stakeholders. Your base location will be Kamloops, B.C.; however, the Dawson Group embraces distributed work, meaning the successful candidate will have the flexibility to work from home and/or at our office.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Plan and execute internal communications strategy, including coordination of live and virtual events (e.g. town halls, Webcasts and in person events), including the development of materials, PowerPoint and scripts, as required
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve an external and internal communication strategy that includes ownership of design and content of company intranet and social media content creation
- Develops, writes, and edits a broad range of communication materials, including web materials, newsletters, brochures, displays, speeches, memos, social media content, and presentations
- Create basic internal videos and graphics
- Coordination of internal corporate communications required for Board reports and presentations
- Provide guidance on developing communication plans in support of business objectives, with a variety of tactics, to encourage greater employee engagement about how their actions support business goals
- Collaborate with marketing to adhere to company’s style guide to ensure we continuously produce exceptional, professional, and quality content
- Work closely with internal teams to create content ideas that align with the company’s strategy, branding, and organizational goals
- Evaluate communication campaign results and innovate improvements to increase success
- Tracks the communications budgets for assigned projects
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in communications strategy development or a related field
- A combination of education and experience will be considered
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are required
- Creative and strategic mindset with strong attention to detail
- Work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of SEO is an asset
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted