Dawson Road Maintenance is looking for a permanent, full-time Ferry Operator, reporting to the Foreman. In this role, you will be responsible for safely operating the Big Bar Reaction Ferry. This position may require travel throughout our great province.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Must Prioritize safety of self and others in all aspects of the job
- Safely and efficiently operate the Big Bar Ferry as required
- Ensure all ferry passengers follow safe practices while on and around the ferry
- Operate and maintain a variety of highway maintenance equipment (including plows, loaders, tractors, small power equipment, and power tools) required to repair and maintain all highway roadway and corridor assets according to MOTI standards and contractual requirements
- Perform general manual labour required to maintain and repair the highway and related corridor assets (including litter removal, traffic control, grass cutting, drainage facilities, signs and related damages, spring debris clean-up, etc)
- Perform equipment operations and manual labour duties related to preventive maintenance of highway assets (including bridge components, pavement running surfaces, and drainage facilities
- Assist in accident response and site clean-up, in compliance with Provincial Traffic control regulations
- Prepare daily work records of activities and accomplishments, including equipment operating times and vehicle performance
- Assist in yard, ferry, and facility maintenance as required
- Required to work scheduled rotating shifts during Winter Operations
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum two (2) years of road maintenance and/or construction experience is required
- Three (3) years of related ferry operation experience is preferred
- General knowledge of highway operations and working experience with various types of vehicles and equipment used in road maintenance activities is preferred
- Own a reliable vehicle to commute to and from work
- Ability to work independently in a remote area for extended periods of time
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted