Dawson Road Maintenance is looking for a permanent, full-time Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic, reporting to the Superintendent of Mechanical. This position requires a skilled and experienced technician; one who is safety-conscious, production oriented, and self-motivated to perform diagnostic and repair work on a variety of trucks and equipment. Your base location will be Fort St. John, B.C. and may require some travel throughout our great province.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Safely perform accurate and complete vehicle inspections, diagnostics, and repairs
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Prioritize a safe working environment
- Liaise with management to ensure a smooth flow of communication during repairs or maintenance work
- Always strive to exceed industry standard by providing quality workmanship
- Perform daily bay inspections to ensure shop neatness/cleanliness, and safety
- Work closely as a team to ensure all tasks are completed efficiently
- Effectively work in all weather conditions and have the flexibility to work shift work if necessary
WHAT YOU BRING
- Journeyman Certificate in Heavy Duty or Commercial Transport Mechanic
- Experience and / or certification in Automotive Mechanic is an asset
- Preferably Grade 12 education; and up-to-date technical knowledge acquired through trade-related courses since achieving TQ certification
- B.C Driver’s License, minimum Class 5. Class 3 with Air is an asset
- CVIP Inspection license is preferred, or willingness to acquire
- Welding experience is an asset
- Capable of performing heavy physical duties
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Prioritizes safety of self and team
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted