Dawson Group is looking for a full-time Junior Accountant, reporting to the Controller. The seasonality of the business will require you to understand the cycles and plan accordingly. This role will be responsible for performing full cycle accounting and month-end tasks for the construction entities within the Dawson Group; including preparation of required accounting entries, financial statements, cash flow forecasts and variance analysis. Your base location will be Kamloops, B.C.; however, the Dawson Group embraces distributed work, meaning the successful candidate will have the flexibility to work from home and/or at our office.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Ability to efficiently perform full cycle accounting and month-end tasks for small to medium sized entities within the Dawson Group
- Assist in the yearly budget process for the Dawson Group of companies
- Prepare and present monthly job cost analysis versus budgets
- Continuously monitor budget to actual for variances, identifying trends and recommending actions
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks while working to tight deadlines
- Successfully complete daily banking transactions
- Prepare monthly inventory reconciliation and inter-company transactions and reconciliations
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor of Business Degree or Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting
- Minimum 2 years of accounting experience
- Exceptional Excel Skills including pivot tables and formulas
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Industry experience in construction/manufacturing would be an asset
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding, and we need people like you to join us on our journey to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted