Dawson Civil is looking for a permanent, full-time Manager of Civil, reporting to the CEO & President. The Manager, Civil provides leadership, oversight, and management of this growing business. Your base location will be Kamloops, B.C. and will require some travel throughout our great province.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Provide leadership for the Dawson Civil division ensuring the appropriate structures, systems, processes, and culture are in place to facilitate successful operations
- Collaborate with the senior executive team to develop and implement strategic business plans to meet company objectives while providing expertise on operations finance, projects, people, and systems
- ¨Work together with other division leaders and departments to carry out the organizational goals and objectives
- Develop, implement, and maintain relevant Key Performance Indicators for the division (KPIs)
- Proactively engages in research on upcoming and potential projects, while reviewing the market competition and industry trends
- Responsible for oversight of the estimating bid process, including providing guidance and direction, and approving the final bid submission
- Oversee the divisions planning, organizing, direction, and evaluation of projects from start to completion
- Ensure projects are in compliance with the contractual terms of the agreements with including schedules, permitting, building and safety codes
- ¨Lead the team to manage project challenges, work schedule interferences, and all conflicts/setbacks associated with the projects
- Exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and providing recommendations and making the relevant changes
- Assess, monitor, and manage risk management activities by analyzing the divisions risk in all areas
- Effectively execute strategic objectives to facilitate company business growth and development
- Ensure compliance with maintaining a safety-first work environment throughout the division and ensure compliance with corporate requirements
- Demonstrate leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, direct others, and effectively address conflict
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Construction Management, or related technical education; and
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the construction industry, or a related industry; and
- Minimum five (5) years in a senior management role.
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes
- Proven working experience in estimating and project management
- Familiarity with construction management software
- Demonstrated ability to coach, motivate and communicate with others at all levels
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Superior analytic, problem solving, and judgement skills
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with partnerships including the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MoTI)
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted