Dawson Road Maintenance is looking for a permanent, full-time Manager of Operations, reporting to the Division Manager of Operations. This role provides management of the service provisions for the Dawson Road Maintenance service area assignment. The incumbent exercises strong people management skills along with detailed planning and organizational expertise to consistently deliver against company objectives. Your base location will be 100 Mile House, B.C. and may require some travel throughout our great province.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Manage operation crew members to comply with MoTI Maintenance Specifications and the Contract Agreement, CVSE requirements, QMS Manual and procedures and general specifications for highway construction
- Provide guidance on project concerns such as bad weather, scheduling conflicts, quality control issues, labour issues, as well as contractor and/or client concerns
- Manage the efficient use of resources, materials and labour necessary to complete various projects in a timely manner
- Approve and monitor project schedules and budgets while ensuring that all resources necessary for project completion
- Promote and advocate quality achievements and performance improvements across the company
- Collaboratively negotiate contracts with suppliers, sub-contractors, agencies or other third-party provider of resources, equipment or labour
- Provide crew direction on all emergencies, washouts, slides, structure damage, avalanches, and other severe weather events
- Partner with Director of Health & Safety to ensure all Worksafe BC regulations and requirements are consistently followed and ensure proper procedures are carried out according to the Company’s Safety Program
- Management representative in collective agreement bargaining, grievances, mediation and arbitration to proactively resolving employee issues
- Ensure all employee concerns, including grievance process, are addressed in a timely manner
- Determine staffing requirements and participate in interviews, hiring, and onboarding new employees
- Prioritize coaching and guiding all team members, including the Superintendents of Roads
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Experience in road and bridge maintenance within the construction industry an asset
- Post-secondary in a related field preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and related industry experience
- Experience with ISO Compliance and/or other continuous improvement principles
- Knowledge of Ministry of Transportation legislation, standards and processes for road maintenance
- Experience in collective bargaining labour agreements
- Effective management skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes
- Understanding of road maintenance, equipment and construction industry
- Strong written and verbal communication
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted.