Dawson International Truck Centres is looking for a full-time Manager of Sales and Marketing, reporting to the Vice President of Operations. This role is responsible for improving sales and profit through successful leadership of the sales team. Your base location will be Kelowna, B.C. and will require some travel throughout our great province.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Empower, engage, coach and mentor all members of the Sales department to create a culture and processes which achieve the short and long – term business goals and objectives
- Participate in the development of the strategic plan for Dawson International Truck Centres and effectively execute the objectives
- Coach the Sales team to improve customer service quality results by evaluating, and re-designing processes, establishing and communicating service metrics, monitoring and analyzing results and implementing changes
- Liaise with peer managers within the truck centre to provide cooperation among the Parts, Sales, Leasing/Rentals, Service and Finance departments
- Maintain fiscal accountability and ensure effective use of resources within the business by monitoring the budget, identifying and reporting variances as required and taking corrective action as necessary
- Lead by example to maintain a respectful and productive work environment
- Collaborate with all businesses within the Dawson Group in coordinating the utilization of shared resources including services and equipment across the organization
WHAT YOU BRING
- Business Administration Degree or minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the sales industry with three (3) years of senior management experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven track record of leading a successful sales department
- Strong strategic and customer focus with a clear understanding of the wider issues impacting the relevant markets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with customers, vendors and employees
- Demonstrate ability to coach, motivate and communicate with others at all levels
- Continuously update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Promote our Dawson Group of Companies core values – Integrity, Excellence, People First and Respect
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted.