Dawson Civil is looking for a temporary, full-time Operator, reporting to the Foreman. As an Operator you will be responsible for the safe, efficient operation of heavy equipment in a fast paced environment. Your base location will be Kamloops, B.C. and will require some travel throughout our great province.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Prioritize safety of self and others in every aspect of the job
- Work in close proximity to existing underground utilities with confidence
- Read and understand survey stakes
- Operate heavy equipment on public roadways, in a mining environment and on steep slopes in a safe and appropriate manner
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment
- Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance
- Complete all work reports and maintenance logs
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections, and adhere to safety policies
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum three (3) years of experience operating an excavator required
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in road construction or mining preferred
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License required
- Ability to work out of town for an extended period
- Knowledge of road construction materials, road construction processes and industry requirements
- Ground Disturbance preferred
- Experience with underground utilities installation an asset
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and to help us continue safely connecting our communities. Apply now to start the conversation!
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted