Dawson Road Maintenance is looking for a permanent, full-time Quality Manager, reporting to the Division Manager of Administration. This position is a critical part of the management team and will oversee our Quality Management System (QMS). Your base location will be Smithers, B.C.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Maintenance of auditing programs
- Conducting and coordinating inspections of work activities
- Maintain accurate and detailed records in accordance with the QMS
- Conducting inspections on required materials for winter and summer work activities, including gravel pit inspections and surveys
- Reporting on supplier evaluations
- Assist in providing operations training and development improvements
- Participate in all levels of the organization to continually improve service delivery
- Regular travel, as required, across the service area
- Manage incidents of non-conformance
- Communicate effectively with the Ministry of Transportation (MoTI), stakeholders, crews, supervisors, and the general public
- Develop Category 2 Traffic Management Plans
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum five (5) years road and bridge maintenance and/or construction experience
- Previous managerial experience is preferred
- Possesses thorough knowledge and understanding of both the MOTI specifications, BC road and bridge maintenance and ISO 9001:2015 QMS standards
- Strong computer skills (MS Office)
- Successfully completed ISO 9001 Lead Auditory Training
- Post-secondary degree in Engineering, Science or related field
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted