Dawson International Truck Centres is looking for a permanent, full-time Sales Account Manager, reporting to the Regional New Sales Manager. As the Sales Account Manager, you will be responsible for meeting sales, profit, and customer satisfaction benchmarks. You will assess trucks for purchase and trade-in opportunities and recommend purchase price and terms to the Regional New Sales Manager based on your assessment. Your base location will be Kamloops, B.C. and may require some travel throughout our great province.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Provide exceptional customer service to any customer who enters the dealership, showroom, or sales lot
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of commercial truck business terminology and changes in product, technology, incoming inventory, features, accessories, etc.
- Actively prospect and generate potential customers to establish, build and maintain a profitable business
- Match customers with appropriate vehicles by asking questions, utilizing sales techniques, and active listening
- Prepare complete sales orders and process paperwork according to dealership policies
- Determine the value of trucks presented for purchase and trade-in by analyzing blue book guides, market conditions, current auction results and current inventory movement
- Follow up with customers post-delivery to ensure that all customer expectations are met
- Deliver vehicles to customers and ensure the customer understands the vehicle’s operating features, warranty, and paperwork by using walk-around presentation techniques
- Integrate customers with the dealership’s service department by introducing them to key personnel and emphasizing the quality and efficiency of the service, repairs, and maintenance the department provides
- Identify purchase opportunities by monitoring customer inventories, auctions, websites, and wholesalers
- Assist with the used vehicle inspection process
- Periodically review operating procedures to determine opportunities for improvement in planning and time utilization
WHAT YOU BRING
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Five (5) years commercial sales or industry experience, formal sales training an asset
- Excellent sales skills, preferably with experience in medium and heavy-duty truck sales
- Familiarity with advertising mediums, terms, and success rates
- Comfortable making sales calls (by phone, face to face and webinar)
- Experience completing accurate estimates and quotes
- Valid Driver’s license
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to climb in and out of commercial transport vehicles
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted