Dawson Group is looking for a permanent, full-time Supply Chain Manager, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for securing assets for the organization in the most efficient and cost-effective way. Your base location will be Kamloops, B.C. and may require some travel throughout our great province.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Implement procurement strategies that are both innovative and cost-effective
- Evaluate current processes to identify and explore opportunities for cost reductions, cost avoidance and service improvements
- Prepare and adjust sourcing documentation including RFP development, analyzing vendor responses, and working with business leaders to evaluate proposals
- Present regular reports on savings, benefits, key initiatives and projects through development of an effective Procurement Management dashboard (KPIs)
- Provide strategic supply chain initiatives that addresses the current and future industry challenges
- Successfully build and maintain long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers in the industry
- Responsible for key vendor management related to contract adherence
- Effectively source capital, prepare bid summaries and commercial recommendations
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience leading the role of Supply Chain Management
- Supply Chain Designation (SCMP or equivalent) is an asset
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid understanding of purchasing fundamentals and processes
- Strong negotiation skills to effectively negotiate with Suppliers
- Knowledge and experience with supply agreements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Promote our Dawson Group of Companies core values – Integrity, Excellence, People First and Respect
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted