Dawson Civil is looking for a full-time, temporary, Traffic Control Person reporting to Foreman of Underground Utilities. The Traffic Control Person works collaboratively to coordinate the traffic control plans and is a key partner in ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget. The ideal candidate will effectively work with customers, both internal and external, to provide a valued service in Highway Construction services. This position is based in Vernon, B.C.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Continuous monitoring of the traffic control schedule
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed in a timely manner per company standards
- Preform site checks and relief as needed for Traffic control persons
- Direct the safe flow of public and construction traffic and ensure the safety & security of public and site crew
- Provide motorists with simple directions, explaining hazards
- Work on a client driven schedule
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in civil construction and/or paving
- BCCSA Traffic Ticket certification
- Level 3 First Aid is an asset
- Class 5 Driver’s License
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted